eLearning Online PALS Course with Skills Check
eLearning Course Advantages
The American Heart Association eLearning Online format enable healthcare professionals to receive an AHA ACLS or PALS certification by completing a majority of the course from the comfort of their own home. eLearnign Students can complete the eLearning course in small segments over several days. This allows healthcare professionals with very busy schedules can take the course at their own pace on their own time. Instead of taking a traditional ACLS and PALS classroom course for 12 hours and two days students can complete the online portion at home and then come into our classroom to verify ACLS and PALS skills which takes just a few hours.
HeartCode® PALS Part 1 is a web-based, self-directed program that teaches healthcare providers knowledge and skills needed to recognize and prevent cardiopulmonary arrest in infants and children.
This program uses eSimulation technology to allow students to assess and treat patients in virtual healthcare settings. In this environment, students apply their knowledge to real-time decision-making and skills development. Debriefings and coaching are provided immediately after each simulation to facilitate learning about pediatric advanced life support.
HeartCode PALS Part 1 is for healthcare providers who respond to emergencies in infants and children. This includes personnel in emergency response, emergency medicine, intensive care and critical care units such as physicians, nurses, paramedics and others who need a PALS course completion card and are seeking an alternative (non-classroom) method for completing an initial or update PALS course.
• Key changes in pediatric advanced life support, reflecting the new science from the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
• 12 pediatric, hospital-based, patient cases with up to four healthcare providers, presented though eSimulation technology
• Systematic approach to pediatric assessment
• Recognition and management of respiratory and shock emergencies
• Recognition and management of respiratory and cardiac arrest
• Immediate post-cardiac arrest care
• Effective communication as a member and leader of a resuscitation team
Course Format and Time
Part 1 Online – approximately 6-9 hours depending on the level of knowledge and clinical experience of the student
Parts 2 & 3 (Skills Practice and Testing) with an AHA PALS Instructor – if students prepared/Instructor experienced, with 6:1 student: Instructor ratio, approximately 3-4 hours
*course time based on 1 instructor: 6 students: 2 manikins
Continuing Education Information
Continuing Medical Education Accreditation – Physicians
The American Heart Association designates this enduring material for a maximum of 10.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Continuing Education Accreditation – Nurses
The American Heart Association is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. The maximum number of hours awarded for this CE activity is 10.00 contact hours.
Continuing Education Accreditation – Emergency Medical Services
This continuing education activity is approved by the American Heart Association, an organization accredited by the Continuing Education Coordinating Board for Emergency Medical Services (CECBEMS), for 11.00 Advanced CEHs, activity number 12-AMHAF3-0155.
Successful completion of the full PALS course (using HeartCode PALS Part 1) includes three parts:
• HeartCode PALS Part 1. Upon successful completion of the online portion, including the written exam, students receive a Part 1 certificate of completion, which must be presented for parts 2 and 3.
• Part 2*, a hands-on skills practice session with an AHA PALS Instructor.
• Part 3*, a skills test with an AHA PALS Instructor.
*Parts 2 and 3 should be completed in one “skills practice and testing” session.
Students will receive an AHA PALS course completion card, valid for two years, upon successful completion of all three parts.
***Online BLS Certification ADD ON for ACLS/PALS Course***
- Monday, February 24, 2020 at 10:30 AMLifeSaver CPR, Lathrop, 15810 Harlan Rd, Suite C, Lathrop, CA 95330
- Sunday, March 8, 2020 at 10:30 AMLifeSaver CPR, Lathrop, 15810 Harlan Rd, Suite C, Lathrop, CA 95330
- Wednesday, April 15, 2020 at 10:30 AMLifeSaver CPR, Lathrop, 15810 Harlan Rd, Suite C, Lathrop, CA 95330
- Saturday, May 9, 2020 at 10:30 AMLifeSaver CPR, Lathrop, 15810 Harlan Rd, Suite C, Lathrop, CA 95330
- Monday, June 22, 2020 at 10:30 AMLifeSaver CPR, Lathrop, 15810 Harlan Rd, Suite C, Lathrop, CA 95330